Sunday, April 26, 2015

My Blog On God - Motives


 
Motives
 
I have found that sometimes when I say things about God to other people they take it and turn it into something it is not. My motives were from the heart but they took it in the wrong way. I have also found that even though I have said sorry for telling them that God understands and loves them, that they still took it as me saying something wrong. I then pray to God and he seems to make me feel better about it.  I then realize that I didn't do any thing wrong because I did not do it for my self. I did it because I thought I was saying something helpful and I was defiantly not trying to hurt any one. Then I ask God to help them see that I was just trying to help.

The Heavenly Father examines the motives of our hearts. That can be both a blessing and a challenge. Because no one can see inside your heart, the only one that can is God. I know None of us are perfect, and we all make mistakes. So our errors made with a pure motive will be seen as such by God. However our actions made with an impure motive (for self gain) will not be rewarded. We should always look at our own motives and what they are before doing them. Because even good behavior can become wrong when the motives are for self gain or impure. Also remember we should not judge another people's motives, because that is for God and He is the only one who knows if it is pure or not. If your motives are for your own interest and might hurt someone else on purpose, they are probably not good motives. So ask Jesus and the Heavenly Father to reveal, to you, your true feelings about your motives and what they are, before you fall into sin.

Father, Help me know my motives. Help me have a clean and clear heart when I ask for something in prayer. Father and Jesus keep my thoughts on pure motives so I can stay close to you, Amen.

Proverbs 21:2 (NKJV)
21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the LORD weighs the hearts.


Proverbs 16:2 (NKJV)
16:2 All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, But the LORD weighs the spirits.


1 Corinthians 4:5 (NKJV)
4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one's praise will come from God.


James 4:3 (NKJV)
4:3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.

 

Philippians 2:3-4 (NKJV)
2:3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.
4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

 

Psalm 51:10 (KJV)
51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment